|This article is a stub. You can help Verdant Skies Wiki by .|
|Recruiting a shopkeeper, Meet the shopkeeper|
Miles Kelly is the primary investor of Viridis Primus. In Recruiting a shopkeeper and Meet the shopkeeper, he sets up a shop on the colony in order to follow through with a deal made between himself, Jade Washington, and the player. When he is unlocked, the achievement, Shopping Spree! is unlocked.
First contact[edit | edit source]
The day after the player completes the Recruiting a shopkeeper job, they will be invited to meet the shopkeeper by Jade Washington. They can enter the Administration Building to meet Miles Kelly. The player will partake in a conversation with Jade and Miles.
- ??? (Miles): This is the "resource rich" planet you promised me?! And where are all the colonists?!
- Jade: Do not presume to raise your voice at me! This planet still meets all the requirements of your contract.
- ??? (Miles): You've got me there! It does follow the stipulations of the contract.
- ??? (Miles): But this is not what we had verbally agreed upon!
- Jade: Mr. Kelly, I do apologize, but as you know, verbal agreements are unenforceable.
- Jade: It is nothing personal, it is just business.
- ??? (Miles): Yes, ma'am. Business is business.
- ??? (Miles): Remember that in our future dealings.
- ??? (Miles): Oh! Hi, friend! Jade was just telling me all about you. Pleased to meet you!
- Miles: Miles Kelly, entrepreneur extraordinaire, investment genius, and most importantly, the man bankrolling this little expedition, at your service! — The Shopping Spree! achievement is unlocked.
The description of Miles Kelly is displayed.
- Miles: I'm also your new shopkeeper. Looking forward to doing business with you!
- Miles: Please be sure to visit my shop to check out the inventory.
- Miles: You can't miss it! Only shop on the planet.
- Miles: I'll see you both around!
Small talk[edit | edit source]
Talking with characters outside of job duties can improve the player's relationship with them. Miles can say any of the following when engaging in small talk with him:
- Miles: For the amount of money I put into this colony, I expected a bit more by way of creature comforts.
- Miles: Hi, friend. Rosie said your storage pod blew up. What a shame.
- Miles: Those are quite pricey.
- Miles: Wyatt has been studying the local plants quite diligently.
- Miles: I admire how dedicated he is to his studies.
Relationship progress events[edit | edit source]
When the player is advancing from one stage (heart) in a relationship to the next, it is done so through an event.
Random events[edit | edit source]
Free floor tile[edit | edit source]
- Miles: That's a good one, friend! I'd never heard that one before!
- Wyatt: I am pleased you approve!
- Wyatt: I shall make a point to stop in whenever I have a new one to share.
- Miles: That's nice, friend, but I'm sure you're a busy man.
- Miles: No need to go out of your way on my account!
- Miles: Welcome, friend! Please don't be shy. Take a look around!
- Wyatt: Good to see you, [Player Name]! I wish I could stay to chat, but I really must be going.
- Wyatt: Good day to you as well, Miles.
- Miles: It's your lucky day, friend! I'm giving each new customer a new floor design, just for stopping in!
- Miles: No purchase necessary! Today only!
- Miles: Tell your friends!
- Option 1: I have no friends.
- Unknown dialogue
- Option 2: Like who, Rosie and Jade?
- Miles: Well, yes, I see your point. There aren't many other people currently on Viridis Primus.
- Miles: Don't let me keep you! Go try out that premium floor design I just gave you.
- Option 1: I have no friends.